1) Animal Carousel. Unfortunately the Giraffe and Tiger do not move up and down.
2) Face to face with a lion!
3) A Peahen preening her feathers, to impress the eligible bachelors.
4) Don't be Koi with Me Pond.
A few facts about animals learned yesterday at the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo:
*Orangutans are among the most intelligent of apes. The zoo had a orangutan who not only created a tool to pick the locks of their exhibit (to go galavanting around at night!), but cleverly hid this tool in his jawline to conceal it from the zookeepers!
*Like human fingerprints, zebra stripes are unique to each zebra.
*Only the male of the species is called a Peacock.
1) I just couldn't resist photographing the peafowl in the flowers.
2 & 3) In the Butterfly & Insect Pavilion, you get to walk among the butterflies.
4) Peafowl in love.